Sunday, February 24, 2008

Keeping time in style ...

For as long as I've known Dave, he has never owned or worn a watch. He must have some sort of built in sensor as he always seems to know what time it is and never late for any appointments.

I, on the other hand, can't get by without some sort of timing device. There is a clock in every room of o
ur house plus several kitchen timers. I also feel totally lost if I happen to go out and forget my watch.


I like bracelets but never found them very functional like the watch that I would always have on my wrist. I thought about combining the two in some way so I made several beaded watch bands turning my functional piece into a very attractive bracelet. When I discovered polymer clay I saw some beautiful bracelets and the wheels in my head started to turn a little faster. Why not make my own watch band links out of the clay to create designer watch bracelets? So I went to work right away and have since made an assortment of watch bands, some of which coordinate with the necklaces and other accessories we have made. You will find some photos posted on our flickr site.
Some people have asked me how I make them and so I will be sharing my technique at our next meeting with the Vanouver Polymer Clay Guild. Hopefully by the end of the day, everyone attending will go home with their own designer watch band.

Below are an assortment of watch bands we have made.


No comments: