Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gone for a Bit -- will be back again with bunches of flowers!

Some of you know that Dave had a kidney transplant last June.  His health has improved a great deal since, however, in the last couple of months he experienced some complications which has resulted in his body to start rejecting his new organ.  So we are off to a hospital in Vancouver for treatment and will be gone for a couple of weeks.  I will try and post from there sometime if I get the chance.  In the meantime, I am taking plenty of clay with me to work on.  I decided with spring here I need more flower canes so should have time to make lots up.  Had a request for a stargazer lilly -- so should be a challenge to keep my mind busy!  I will try and make more pansies like these as well since they seem to be so popular and also my favorite.

1 comment:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

My thoughts and blessings go out to you both. Hope Dave's body allows the new Kidney to stay and starts getting better soon!

Your canes are lovely! Star Gazers have always been one of my favorite flowers. I have quite a few bulbs of them and can't wait for them to bloom. Very interested to see how your cane turns out!

Take care. See you when you're back!