Thursday, June 23, 2011

Finishing Touches

Some of our pieces are now for sale at Donna's Yarn and Craft Centre on the north shore in Kamloops.  We were amazed at not only the selection of beautiful yarns she has but some of the many crafty type items as well.

With our shawl pins now going into shops, we were looking at ways to display them better.  Some time ago our sister-in-law gave me some fabric swatch samples and I finally put them to good use with our new idea.


Rather than use the fabric patterns for the front, we used the back side of the fabric and attached cut strips between a folded card.  We then fit the shawl pin through the fabric strip and voila!  a special hanger to show off the shawl pins.


And the back looks really nice as well ....


What do you think?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great idea!

MoeArt said...

Carolyn, that's a super idea! I love your pins. Is the stick also clay? My friend crocheted me a couple shawls and I thought I could make a "2 Good" pin for them. :D

Bewareoftheleaven said...

Great idea!