Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New Stacking Type Buttons

I've had requests in the past to make some plain buttons in solid colors and never gave it much thought at the time.  I later came to realize there are not that many types of buttons easily available today that there were years ago.  I started out making a few smaller type buttons in various shapes and colors which then evolved into several more sizes so they can actually be stacked or layered for a fun look.




I used this layered method for decorating several pair of flip flops in some bright and cheery colors and are fun to wear at the beach or around town.  (I shared a tutorial on this in my previous post.)




Because these buttons are made from Kato polyclay, they are very durable and can be thrown into the washer and dryer.  This makes them very functional and can be used in all types of sewing projects and are especially great for children's clothes and accessories.

These buttons are now listed in our Etsy Shop and ArtFire Studio and will be available at Heather's Fabric Shelf soon.

2 comments:

Cynthia Blanton said...

You are TOO CLEVER!! Great stuff.

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks Cynthia, Sometimes the simplest things are better and I seem to keep overlooking that and trying to make things more complicated than they have to be! lol!