Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Scarf and Pin Collaboration

I was wanting to make some scarf pins but wasn't sure about what scarves I would use.  I am up to my eyeballs in clay and do not have the time right now to start dying fabric and making scarves.  I was discussing it with my friend, Rosemarie Foster, and she was telling me that she loves to dye silk scarves so we decided to form a collaboration.  We worked together on some color combinations and pin designs and here are two of them that we came up with.  Of course, I love Helen Breil's texture sheets and they played a part in there as well.



What is really fun was how I discovered (by accident) that the pins can also be worn as a pendant so they have a dual purpose and of course I love designs that are multi-functional.

1 comment:

Myrna said...

YEAH - what a great idea/discovery. Glad to see you're having fun in the studio. Mine is - finally - sort of - set up. I actually sewed yesterday for the first time in months. Felt great. Almost ready to do coffee again. We'll talk. Take care.