Wednesday, May 30, 2012

More Floral Scarf Pins

I've been making more floral scarf pins for the summer.  Other than the sunflower pin, these have the Rivoli Swarovski crystals embedded in the center.



I've also been experimenting with different backings.  I like the clay back with the embedded metal strip but I found that part to be so labor intensive.



This pin has a heavy wire that I embedded into the clay and seems to work rather well.  The way I make my metal wire button shanks (see my Making Beautiful Buttons tutorial) gave me the idea on how to do make and embed these rings.



2 comments:

Reading Resources For Kids said...

nice flowers :)

Marian Hertzog said...

I would think the circles would offer more stability too. You could weave the scarf through the wire to get a more secure hold. Sometimes the lighter scarves can't hold the weight of a scarf pin. Your work is beautiful!