Friday, January 31, 2014

More Faux Wood and Leather

After making the buttons in our new faux wood and leather, I decided to play with it a little more and see what else I could do with it.


Here are some scarf clips in two different shapes.  I just listed these in our Etsy shop.


The spring loaded scarf clip ring is available at Shades of Clay and I have a free tutorial on our blog (click here) on how to attach them as they can be a bit tricky.

Here is the same technique and pattern in a shawl pin.


The texture sheet we used to make these items is a favorite of mine.  It is a design by my friend, Wendy Orlowski, called Feather Boa and is available at Shades of Clay.

You will notice a difference in the two shawl pins shown.  The one on the left was made by impressing the clay from the texture sheet.  The one on the right was made from an inverse texture sheet I made from the original.  I discovered that the inversion texture created an "innie" that when antiqued with acrylic paints afterwards gives the more tooled leather or carved wood look.


2 comments:

Nidhi Krishna said...

Hi, I would like to know from where I can get the texture sheet that you used for making this button? Thanks, Nidhi

2 Good Claymates said...

The texture sheet is one created by Wendy Orlowski and is available through Shades of Clay. I believe it is called Feather Boa.