Saturday, May 31, 2014

New Brilliant Blooms Jewelry

Every spring I get into a mode of making lots of flowers.  I am not sure if it is due to spring fever and all the flowers popping up that inspire me or more to the fact that when I go through our inventory, I discover that we have few flower designs left in stock and the need to make more.

This year I wanted to create flowers that were extra bright and cheerful.  I decided to use the Pantone Spring 2014 Fashion Colors for inspiration.


Whenever I make my flowers (shown above), I like to save some extra "petal" canes to make the sculpted flowers like the ones in the scarf necklaces and earrings (below).  These were made the same way as the "Daisy" flower in my Sculpted Flowers Tutorial.  I just used bright colored clay in place of the white and black instead of the grey for the outlining.



These are our new falling petal earrings
for our interchangeable earring system:



The colors I used to make the flower petals shown above (left to right) are:

Dazzling Blue (with more white added),
Violet Tulip (reduce the amount of white mix to 1/2 part)

Each earring comes with three "strands" at different lengths that can be worn individually or combined in various ways.