Thursday, August 6, 2015

Pantone Fall 2015 Fashion Colors Cadmium Orange and Oak Buff

Today I will share the recipes for the two Pantone Fall 2015 fashion colors Cadmium Orange and Oak Buff.  I was originally going to create something with both of these two colors together but after several attempts I decided they just didn't combine as well as I had hoped.  Cadmium is a muted soft orange shade which I quite like and Oak Buff is a rich golden yellow.  After playing with the different Pantone colors I ended up creating some mokume gane in a combination of Marsala, Dried Herb and Oak Buff.  I quite like the earthy tones and there is a deep shimmer in the mica particles in the Oak Buff from the gold and silver clays that are in it.  This is a button made from the mokume sheet:




And here are the recipes for the two colors using Kato clay:


1 part Orange Base # 5-2 *
1 part Ecru Mix # 2-8 *


4 parts Kato Gold
2 parts Kato Silver
4 parts Ecru Mix # 2-8 *


* These clay base colors are found in my
"Clay Color System" tutorial
available as an instant download
in our Etsy Shop
or manually sent in an e-mail from

No comments: