Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Faux Stone in Amethyst Color

A few of our Okanagan Polymer Clay Guild members got together last week for some clay play time.  We all mixed up batches of faux turquoise and some of us experimented with new colors.  I had been wanting to try creating a faux amethyst so was a perfect time to give it a whirl.  I really love the results and is now my new favorite faux stone color. 



We also played with Donna Kato's faux opal technique and I combined it with the amethyst to create a pendant.



Later we made the faux Amethyst into "snap" art beads which are now for sale in our online store


Faux Amethyst "Snaps"



Faux Amethyst Stone Snap Necklace


Faux Amethyst Stone Snap Bracelet

The faux Amethyst stone was created using my Faux Turquoise technique.



While I share my clay color recipe to create the traditional Arizona turquoise color in my lesson, it can be adapted to any other clay color of your choice.

Here are a few other colors we have created:


No comments: