Thursday, January 5, 2017

Pantone Spring 2017 Fashion Colors Pale Dogwood and Hazelnut

The last two Pantone Spring 2017 Fashion colors are Pale Dogwood and Hazelnut.  Pale Dogwood is a soft shade of pink which is the opposite to the vibrant Pink Yarrow but would combine well together.  Hazelnut is the key neutral for spring with a natural earthiness.  It could combine well with the deeper Pantone colors like Kale and Lapis Blue which I will experiment with a little later.



In the meantime, remember the color combination I shared in my last post?  I went back to the same colors but this time I created a mokume blend (Julie Picarello style) adding some Pale Dogwood and white mix to give it more contrast.  I quite like this combo and plan to play around with it a bit more.  





So here are the recipes for the Pantone Spring Fashion Colors Pale Dogwood and Hazelnut using Kato clay.

Pale Dogwood

4 parts Ecru Mix # 2-8 *
1/2 part Kato Magenta
4 parts White Mix # 1-2 *

Hazelnut

3 parts Kato Brown
3 parts Ecru # 2-7 *
6 parts White Mix # 1-2 *


* Note:  These clay color recipes are created using Kato Polyclay.  Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System.

Tomorrow I will post a summary of the Pantone spring color recipes I shared along with recipe cards you can download to print out if you wish.

No comments: